Thursday, August 21, 2008

Update on Discipling My Daughter

Awhile back I mentioned that I was starting something called "Father Daughter Time" (FDT) with my oldest daughter, Morgan. We meet weekly for a time of spiritual growth and for me as a father to pass on faith to my child. We've met about 16 or 17 times so far (we missed a week here or there - but have been consistent for the most part). It's been amazing, really. We're almost through the gospel of John for our Bible reading, we've already read "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe," and now are reading "Prince Caspian." In addition we make out a prayer list every week and talk about prayers that have been answered, are ongoing, etc. Finally, we come up with one thing Morgan can do to serve someone for the week (this is always the toughest thing for her). And last week - we decided to add a memory verse for each week. I want Morgan to "write God's Word on her heart" - what better way than memorizing it.

Loving these times together. Thinking of doing it until she's 13 or so. We'll see after that.

I'm going to do this with all four of my kids (starting at age 8)! Going to be busy, but worth it!

No comments: