Monday, August 4, 2008

Presence

I don't know why I'm always amazed at God's presence. But I am. Last night we had worship gathering called "Remedy" - which is an intimate worship time centered on prayer and healing. Usually have an intimate crowd, and keep it real simple --- some prayerful worship music, prayer, sharing. Last night as we shared and prayed together, people struggling and suffering opened up . And the great part was that others then gathered around them to support them and help them carry their burdens (Galatians 6:2). I said to someone afterwards - that I need to be very careful not to "plan God right out of worship." God was so central in our gathering last night, I realized that sometimes I make the "worship event" central instead of Him. It may seem like a little thing and some may call it semantics - but it's not. If our worship event is central - then we are central. If God is central - then we're worshiping the only One worth worshiping.

Last night is a challenge to me to be sure that Christ is the center of all we do.

No comments: