Monday, March 22, 2010

Mediocrity

Recently I've been struggling with mediocrity as it relates to my own personal life, church life, and even denominational structures. It seems that so often I am willing to settle for less than God's best for me personally, in my church, and even in the Church at large.

Mediocrity keeps us from the things of the Kingdom. In our personal relationships with God, our marriages, our families, our churches, etc. God is not a God of mediocrity, but of passion and vision and advancement and growth of His Kingdom. His Spirit is ready and willing to move in our lives and churches if we will but wake up to Him.

May we be people who do not settle for mediocrity. May we be people who are ignited with a passion to see God's Kingdom on earth.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You and me both, John. It's an epidemic, and I pray we can overcome it.