Tuesday, May 1, 2007

GO


I hate red lights ... unless I'm munching on a burger or something and I need a little extra time to get a bite down. Usually at a red light I'm sitting there saying "Come on, come on, let's GO!!!" You know the feeling, don't you? Just sitting there, waiting, dying for the red light to switch to green?!

We're a "go" kind of culture. Except for one place - the Church. Man, the church has become a "red-light" community. What I mean by that is we're all about just sitting around, waiting, feeding ourselves ... and that's about it. I know that sounds harsh, and I may be overemphasizing it, but I really believe that for the most part it's true. Just ask someone who isn't a part of the Church community what they think. Could be enlightening.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the light is GREEN and God is calling the Church to GO. By that I mean we're supposed to have a passion and desire to get out into the real world where people live and breathe every day ... and in that world we're supposed to have a hunger to live out the radical message of God's love in such a way that people are drawn to it. I'll be the first to admit this isn't easy, and even though I'm "supposed" to want these things ... sometimes I don't. But even so, I just can't get away from this growing conviction and passion inside of me to do it. To get out. To Go. To live out the message of Christ ... not just inside the walls of a "church" building, but outside the walls.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this? Your experiences?


No comments: