Monday, June 4, 2007

Remembering the Past



Last night I spoke at "Fountain" Campground near Camak and Washington, Georgia. It was founded in 1822 - almost 200 years ago. These are a couple pics of what they call the "tabernacle" (Old Testament idea of God dwelling in "tabernacle"). As I sat there before speaking, I was somewhat overcome with an awesome realization of history. What I mean is that for almost 200 years, people have been gathering in this same tabernacle and sitting on the same benches - singing, praying, and listening to people talk about God and life. It made me feel "small" - in a good sort of way - and that I ought to approach life a little more humbly, if you know what I mean. There have been other people who have come before me, and there will be plenty that come after me. I have an opportunity to live for a short time and be a part of history and what God is doing in the world. Pretty profound if you really think about it. I'm glad I had the opportunity to speak at the tabernacle last night.

No comments: