Monday, June 25, 2007

Books I'm Reading

Recently, I decided I needed to read more. Reading energizes me. So I just thought I'd mention a couple books I'm currently reading:

Revolutionary Parenting by George Barna. Incredible book so far. Very challenging and potentially life-altering for parents (and kids - b/c if parents change the way they parent - kids change!). Main thing I'm learning is that it takes a lot more than most parents (including me) realize to pass on their faith to their children. Status quo "religous parenting" is just not enough. It takes "revolutionary parents" to raise children who love God and make an impact for Him in the world.

They Like Jesus but Not the Church by Dan Kimball. I've read several books by Dan before (he's the pastor of Vintage Faith Church in Santa Cruz, CA - www.vintagechurch.org) and this one is as good as the others. If you really want to break outside the "church bubble" and see the world from the perspective of someone outside the church - read this book. I'm only about a quarter of the way into it, but I've been challenged once again.

Got a couple other books I'd like to start soon, too. Just need to get through these first!

No comments: