Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Disappearing Generations

I'm becoming more and more convinced that the Church as a whole is increasingly blind to the reality that younger generations are largely "missing" from our local church communities. Certainly there are some pockets where this is not the case, but by and large the statistics demonstrate this reality. Much of the problem, in my opinion, lies in the fact that we are unwilling to do what it takes to connect with emerging generations. We want them to CONNECT WITH US ... but we are not making the effort to CONNECT WITH THEM. As a young pastor, I challenge my generation as well as older generations to wake up to the need around us. And I challenge us to pick up the missional mandate from Jesus to connect with these generations. We must be willing to change and to do whatever it takes to CONNECT WITH THEM. And we must seriously ask ourselves if we care enough to do something ...

No comments: