Some thoughts from yesterday @ The Quest:
* I wasn't in worship yesterday morning! Was actually traveling back from a wedding I officiated in Orlando. Shauna and I went a couple days early and just spent some time together by ourselves. After 16 years of marriage I still encourage all couples to get away and spend time together - for a few days once in awhile - but even more than --- date your spouse every week! It will only make your marriage better. Dare you to try it!
* Was telling my wife, Shauna, yesterday - I love it that we can be away and things just roll on as normal! Demonstrates the strength of our leaders and team at Quest. So thankful for so many who serve so sacrificially to make Sundays happen. Was a big day --- 2 morning worship services, a Belize Training meeting, kids and youth ministries, and a prayer service to end the night. Awesome!
* In worship yesterday we gave away thousands of dollars! One of my favorite things to do (really missed not being there for that part!). So thankful and consider it a real privilege to be able to partner with amazing organizations like The Golden Harvest Food Bank, When Help Can't Wait, UGA Wesley Foundation, Mike Freace and his Mission to Africa through Westminster Schools of Augusta, and our on-going Belize Mission. Thank you for giving regularly to The Quest Church ---- your offerings are making an impact locally and around the world - enabling us to give to such great Kingdom minded missions like those we had in worship with us yesterday!
* Started working on first message of new series while flying home yesterday from Orlando. Series is entitled "Sticks and Stones... the power of our words." It's going to be incredible ... but in the sense of challenging us to think about how every words we say (or text or email or put on facebook or blogs, etc) have the ability to bring LIFE or DESTRUCTION to others. Been thinking about this series for months. Very passionate about it. Seeing my own failures in this area... and know that we all need to hear from God's WORD about our WORDS. You need to be here for this!
* Lastly, ran by the Belize Training event last night for a few minutes and prayed for our 44 Quest missionaries headed to Belize in April. What a privilege!